CA PPM (Clarity) is a single platform built to manage your entire innovation life cycle – from concept to cash. CA Project and Portfolio Management lets you collect and prioritize, plan and execute IT projects, product developments and service offerings through a modern user experience, where anyone can spin up work in minutes. Deliver ahead of schedule and under budget with enterprise-caliber project portfolio management, demand management, resource management, and financial management connected to your favorite business intelligence app. Available as Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), on premises and partner hosted.
Are you ready for CA PPM? As a CA Technologies Focus Partner, WinMill Software can provide the best pricing on the market. Call us today for a quote!
What's New in CA PPM (Clarity)
CA PPM (Clarity) is the most powerful and popular Project and Portfolio Management solution on the planet. With version 15.5, CA has made a great product even better. Key features include:
- New Project Channel: You can configure a blueprint with up to five (5) modules that show external applications in a project. These can also be pages from the Classic UI, inside a Modern UI page.
- NEW Project Team Allocations: You can now add pre-defined teams to your project staff allocations. A new Staff field displays teams, resources, and roles that are on the project staff. The project Staff page now supports resource, role, and team replacement.When adding or replacing staff, you can search by primary role in the Resource field.
- NEW Team Administration: As an administrator with the appropriate rights, you can define teams for adaptive people planning. Project managers can allocate the pre-defined teams to project tasks. They can also populate cost plans based on team allocations or assignments. Users can enter time for a team. After you create a team in the New User Experience, Classic CA PPM shows the team as a new resource entry on the Resource List page under Home. You can configure additional properties for the new team resource for use throughout the application.
- NEW Investment Types (Beta): This release adds limited support for an entirely new type of investment object. You can create investment type objects in classic PPM using the Investment Extension abstract object. In the New User Experience, you can view the investment types on the new Investments page. A new Custom Investment - Navigate access right provides access to the new Investments page.
- Project Management Enhancements: In this release, you can assign labor roles and predefined teams to tasks. Previous releases supported task assignment to individual named resources only. The Tasks list available from the main menu has been aligned with the global grid design throughout the application. In this release, you can start a conversation, reply, or post a new comment by pressing the Enter key. The previous method, clicking the Post button, remains available. Also, after you attach or delete a file, focus is automatically set back to the conversation. To attach another file, click the Attach button again. In this release, when you create a project from a template in classic PPM or in the New User Experience, the project inherits the pre-defined to-do items, links, and banner color.
- Enhanced Integration Features: For Microsoft Project, this release includes a new task attribute named Microsoft Project Task Type that represents the Microsoft Project task type. You can indicate how a task is mapped to the Microsoft Project task type value. For Agile Central, a new Integration Type attribute has been introduced for the Integration object. The value for this attribute determines which tab appears in Administration under Integrations when creating a new integration. For example, for the current Portfolio Item Integration, the Integration Policy tab appears.
- Roadmapping Enhancements: You can now change the start or finish date for a roadmap item independently without affecting the other date. This enhancement allows you to fine-tune the roadmap item duration. The start date must be either earlier or the same as the finish date. The enhancement applies to both the grid and the roadmap item pop-over.Create and Edit Financial Cost Plans: The previous release introduced new project cost plans with grouping, sorting, and other viewing options for financial managers. This release adds support for creating, populating, updating, copying, and deleting cost plans. You can insert or remove rows and can copy and paste cells of financial data much like working in a spreadsheet application such as Microsoft Excel. You can now view total amounts for the per-period metrics that you select and other per-period metrics in the grid. In Column Panel, you can expand the Totals attribute to view the group of attributes for which you can view total amounts in the grid. You can clear an attribute to not appear in the Totals group in the grid.
- Data Warehouse Enhancements: In this release, incremental execution of the Load Data Warehouse job is improved in Oracle environments. The previous implementation of DELETE and INSERT functionality is now replaced by MERGE functions. These enhancements, first introduced in the 15.4.1 service pack, are now extended to the additional tables in the data warehouse.
- XOG Support for Team Definitions and Enhancements: The Resource, Project, and Capacity Planning Scenario XOG objects have been updated to include a new teamDefinitionId attribute that contains the code of the associated team definition. A resource that represents a team is exported with the new attribute. Additional business rules have been defined to support the import of resources that are also team definitions. Import and export of investment type objects is supported; however, investment type instances cannot be ported in or out using the XOG.
- New Access Rights: This release includes enhanced access rights for participants and project teams.
But don't just take our word for it. Call us today for a demo, and to plan your upgrade.
For full details on the latest CA PPM Release Notes (15.5), click below